Nystan (Nystatin) Oral Suspension
- Easy to use
- Oral suspension treatment
- Effective at fighting thrush
- Used four times daily
- All medicines sourced in the UK
Nystan (Nystatin) Oral Suspension
Nystan is an effective antifungal used to treat fungal mouth infections such as oral thrush. It contains the active ingredient Nystatin, which you can buy online from Cloud Pharmacy.
After answering a few quick questions about your general health and condition, our prescriber will evaluate the suitability of Nystatin and write a prescription if appropriate. Our UK pharmacy will dispense the treatment and, so long as your order is approved before 3:30pm, the pharmacy will send out your treatment the same day.
No Hidden Costs
Nystan is an antifungal medicine containing the active ingredient Nystatin. This treatment is in the form of an oral suspension which targets and kills the infectious fungal cells.
Oral thrush is caused by a multiplication in the numbers of the yeast bacteria -Candida and is therefore sometimes referred to as "Oral Candidiasis".
It usually takes 7 days for the infection to clear using Nystan oral suspension though it must be continued even if symptoms clear in less time in order to prevent the infection from returning.
How do I use Nystan Oral Suspension?
- It is to be used FOUR times daily with the doses spaced evenly throughout the day.
- Before using this medicine, it is imperative that you have read the patient information leaflet which can be found here and inside the box.
- Shake the bottle well before using the drops.
- With the dropper, drop the liquid inside your mouth near the affected areas without the dropper touching the mouth as you do this. Swish the suspenstion around your mouth and then keep it on the affected areas for as long as manageable before swallowing.
- The longer the nystan is in contact with the infected areas, the better.
- It is recommended that the drops are used after mealtimes to prevent the medicine being washed out.
- If you forget to take a dose, have one as soon as you remember. Please note that taking two drops at the same time is not advised.
- A course should last 7 days even if symptoms improve.
What is Nystan Oral Suspension used for?
Nystan contains the active ingredient nystatin, which is an anti-fungal agent, effective for the treatment of oral thrush.
If you are over 18 years old and are struggling with oral irritation caused by thrush you can get a prescription of Nystan online through Cloud Pharmacy and get your treatment started without waiting to see your GP.
If you struggle with repeated cases of oral thrush, you can read our oral thrush prevention advice to find out what you can do to reduce the likeliness of your symptoms returning.
How does Nystan work?
The anti-fungal ingredient nystatin, when used as an oral suspension, kills the fungus that causes thrush by targeting the infection generating the contents of the cells to leak making it impossible for them to expand or survive.
Nystan gets to work quickly because it is applied directly to the source of the fungal infection. Most people will see and feel a noticeable improvement to their condition within the first two days of use.
Alternatives to Nystan
Like all medicines, Nystan can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them or experiences them in the same way.
If you experience any severe side effects or allergic reaction you should see a medical professional as soon as possible by attending your nearest emergency department.
If you are worried about any other side effects, they do not improve once you have stopped using Nystan or they get worse speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
The most common side effects associated with Nystan are:
- Nausea, sickness and diarrhoea
- Bloating, stomach cramps or indigestion
Please make sure to read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly before using Nystan.
Each ml contains 100,000 I.U. nystatin.
Excipient(s) with known effect:
Also contains 0.2g sucrose; 0.3 mmol (1.3mg) sodium; 0.046 %w/w propyl p-hydroxybenzoate; 0.18% w/w methyl p-hydroxybenzoate and 0.091 %w/w sodium metabisulphite.