- Rapid Self Test Kit For Thrush and BV
- Take Test at Home and Get Instant Results
- Immediate Results
- 90% Accurate
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) and thrush are sometimes hard to differentiate from once another, especially if you have not come accross them before. Being able to identify the key differences between BV and Thrush is very important.
Thrush is a fungal infection that is to be treated by anti-fungals, BV is a bacterial infection that is to be treated by antibiotics.
Canestest was developed to provide a safe and reliable way for women to self diagnose and choose the correct course of action. You can buy Canestest online from Cloud Pharmacy. Order before 15:30 on weekdays and qualify for next day delivery.
No Hidden Costs
What is Canestest?
Canestest is a test kit that you can use at home. The kit is cheap, non-invasive and allows women a convenient way to interperet whether or not they are suffering from thrush or BV from the comfort of their own home. The results are immediate and they are over 90% accurate.
With the practical swab test, you will be able to see if i your vaginal pH levels are within the normal range. The test results as well as observing your own symptoms, will help you to understand which vaginal infection you might have. Once you have determined the type of infection you have, you can determine how to treat it. In addition to being able to identify thrush and BV, Canestest can also identify trichomoniasis: a very common STD.
What is The Difference Between Thrush and BV?
BV and thrush are both common infections that a vast sum of women will deal with. There are some sililarities between thrush and BV, but not many. It is important to understand that thrush and BV are two very different types of infections.
Thrush is a fungal infection caused by the fungus candida Albicans. Thrush often has symptoms like white, creamy and lumpy discharge, itching and soreness. Since thrush is a fungal infection it can only be treated with an antifugal like fluconazole 150mg tablets.
BV is a bacterial infection which does cause vaginal discharge, however unlike thrush, the discharge is watery with a greyish-white colour that presents with a fishy odour. Since BV is a bacterial infection it can only be treated with antibiotics such as metronidazole 400mg tablets or Zidoval Vaginal Gel.
How Does Canestest Work?
Canestest does it's job my measuring the pH of your vagina. The vagina should normally be mildly acidic, which helps to maintain a bacterial balance. Changes to the natural pH of the vagina can indicate which infection you are most likely to have. If your pH levels are higher than normal (basic) then it is likely that you are suffering from BV. If the vaginal pH is normal, then you will most likely be suffering from thrush. Canestest can detect pH changes in the vagina with more than 90% accuracy.
Using Canestest and noting what your symptoms are like (watery discharge with fishy odour vs creamy white discharge with no odour) will allow you to get a much clearer understanding of whether or not you are suffering from a bacterial infection or a yeast infection. Canestest is easy to use and indicates your results within seconds to allow you to detrmine which treatment you will need.
Can I Cure BV or Thrush Using Home Remedies?
If you find that you are suffering from thrush or BV, we highly recommend using proven medical treatment that will clear the infection quickly and efficiently such as metronidazole 400mg tablets or Zidoval Vaginal Gel for BV or Fluconazole 150mg Tablets for thrush.
Canestest Directions for Use
How to Use Canestest Self-Test for Vaginal Infections
Using the Canestest self-test kit is very easy and straightforward and no more uncomfortable than using a tampon. To get the most accurate results you must make sure that you do not use the test less than one day before your period, one day after your period or if you have any sings of your period or vaginal bleeding. You should also make sure to wait at least 12 hours after either having sex or vaginal douching.
- Remove the Canestest swap from it's external packaging, taking special care to avoid the tip from coming into contact with anything before you put it into your vagina.
- Hold the Canestest swab by the handle and insert it into your vagina, rotate the swab and then remove it.
- After around 10 seconds, check the tip of swab to see if the colour has stayed the same or change to blue or green.
Interpreting Canestest Results
- No Colour Change after 10 Seconds: You may be suffering from thrush. Check the symptoms that are shown on the symptons table. View our range of thrush treatments here.
- Swab Turns Blue or Green: You may be suffering from BV. Check the symptoms indicated by the symptoms table. View our range of BV treatments here.
- Swab is Now Yellow/Green: You might be suffering from trichomoniasis. This usually is accompanied by symptoms such as frothy discharge, bad odour and pain whilst urinating. If you think you have trichomoniasis, you must consult your doctor immediately and undergo further testing.
Can You Get Side Effects from Canestest?
There are no side effects associated with using Canestest self-test kit. If you find the results to be somewhat confusing then we would advise that you speak to a pharmacist or a doctor before selectic a treatment. If the swab is stained or damaged when you open your package then do not use the swab.
Canestest Usage Warnings
If you are confused or unsure when interpreting the results of your Canestest self-test kit, then you must consult a medical professional such as a doctor or pharmacist before taking any action with regards to choosing a treatment. You must also be cognizant that the accuracy of your results can be affect by:
- Taking the test less than 12 hour after sexual intercourse or vaginal douching
- taking the test less than one day before or one day after your period
The Canestest vaginal self test kit contains:
- 1 x self-diagnostic swab
- Information on how to interpret your results
The kit is designed for easy self-diagnosis of BV or Thrush, with 90% accurate results within 10 seconds of use, subject to some exceptions.