Opioid Ordering Policy
Opioids and opioid painkillers such as codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol co-codamol, and co-dydramol can be highly addictive. Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd) must ensure that these medications are being used safely. Due to this, Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd) will adhere to the guidelines listed below:
- The billing address for the card being used for payment should be the same as the delivery address. Under certain circumstances, an alternative address may be used, however we would reserve the right to ask you to send us other forms of identification in order to process your order.
- Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd) will be vigilant in prescribing opioid painkillers to those under the age of 25 as it is unusual for someone to need opioid painkillers at that age.
- If we do become aware that you (the customer) is ordering opioid painkillers from Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd) and other suppliers (online doctor and pharmacy services) your details will be blacklisted from our service and we reserve the right to report your usage to your GP.
- If we suspect you are committing fraud and ordering an opioid containing product under different names and using addresses in close proximity to one another, we reserve the right to keep your payment and not send out your product.
- There is a maximum number of tablets/caplets/capsules that will be dispensed to a customer in any single order. Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd) adheres to dosage guidelines recommended by the British National Formulary (BNF) and NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries.
- In order for a prescription to be issued for an opioid painkiller by a doctor, you must provide detailed information on your condition. As an example, if you just type in ‘pain’ as the reason for needing the medication, your order will likely be delayed or cancelled. You must provide a thorough explanation regarding your medical condition, as well as past medical history and past prescribing history. Cloud Pharmacy will not provide you with any opioid medication if you have not been prescribed the opioid painkiller in the past 3 months.
- If you choose to purchase an opioid painkiller from Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd), you automatically agree that the details of your purchase will be passed on to your GP. Failure to provide us with your doctors details will result in your order being declined.
- As per the guidelines set out by the BNF and NICE, if an order is made ‘early’ then your order will be reviewed and most likely cancelled. If you would like to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via email or telephone.
- Customers purchasing opioid painkillers must use their own payment card. The card must also be linked to the address that the opioid painkiller is being sent to. As with all prescription medications, customers will undergo ID verification to ensure that the person who is ordering matches the person paying. If more than one opioid painkiller is being sent to the same address or within close proximity of the same address, under different names, your order(s) will likely be delayed or cancelled.
- For patients under the age of 21, permission will be required from your GP before a supply is made.
- If you are regularly ordering opioid painkillers then you will be subject to review by our lead clinicians and prescribers.
As a responsible and appropriately registered healthcare provider, Cloud Pharmacy (Pharmarx Ltd) has taken appropriate measures to ensure that anyone ordering opioid drugs is using them for the right indication. Opioid medications are highly addictive and dangerous drugs if they are used recreationally or incorrectly. Our opioid policy sets out guidelines to ensure that opioids are not used incorrectly. If you believe you are having trouble with opioid addiction then please reach out to us so we can put you in touch with the right people or find an appropriate support centre in your area.