- Can decrease period pain
- Highly effective contraceptive pill
- Helpfully marked pill packets
Yasmin is a combination birth control pill that combines two female sex hormones: ethinyl estradiol, an estrogen, and drespirenone, a progestin. This product is used to prevent pregnancy.
No Hidden Costs
Yasmin (containing ethinylestradiol and drospirenone) is a hormonal contraceptive, used to successfully prevent pregnancy. Yasmin, also referred to as 'the pill' or oral contraceptive pill, achieves this by stopping ovulation and blocking sperm from entering the womb.
The primary benefit of all oral contraceptives pills is convenience, because you do not need to worry about interrupting sex in order to be protected against pregnancy. If you take the first pill on day one of your period, you will be immediately protected. This means that you can enjoy sex without any interruptions and additional measures.
Yasmin in particular is a popular choice for a large number of women because the pills do not cause extra weight gain, which can be a side effect of other oral contraceptive pills. It also regulates periods, decreases blood loss, alleviates painful periods and significantly decreases the risk of ovarian cysts.
Yasmin oral Pill Buy Yasmin UK online Buy Yasmin Pill Next Day Delivery
How do I take Yasmin?
Below is some advice regarding how to take Yasmin pills:
- Yasmin should be taken every day for 21 days, followed by a seven-day pill-free period and then you can continue with your next strip of 21 pills.
- If you seek immediate protection against pregnancy, it's advised that you take Yasmin on day one of your period.
- Alternatively, it can be taken up to day five of your period but you will have to wait seven days for the medication to take full effect. During these seven days, it will be best to use a barrier contraceptive such as a condom, just to be safe.
- It is not necessary to take Yasmin with food, but we advise that you take it at the same time everyday as this reduces the chances of you forgetting to take it one day.
Prescription medications may trigger side effects when you first start using them. Yasmin is generally very well tolerated, but if you do experience side effects they are usually very mild. Some of the most common side effects include menstrual changes, headaches, abdominal pain, breast pain and nausea. If any of these potential side effects persist, you should contact a doctor.
When taking Yasmin 3mg / 30mcg tablets, it's important to take into account the below precautions to ensure your safety:
Yasmin pills shouldn't be taken if you are allergic to any of the ingredients found in the medication.
- Yasmin should also be used with caution if you are over the age of 35.
- If you are breastfeeding Yasmin shouldn't be taken until weaning or six months after birth.
- Yasmin tablets should be taken with caution if you are obese, have high blood pressure (hypertension), have heart failure, have a history of migraines, have inflammatory bowel disease (e.g. Crohn's disease), or if you have a family history of heart attacks or strokes before the age of 45.
- This medication should not be taken if you have ever had a blood clot in a vein, are over 50 years of age, smoke more than 40 cigarettes a day, or if you are dealing with angina, heart valve disease or an irregular heartbeat.