- Can make periods shorter and lighter
- Extremely low oestrogen content
- Effective form of birth control
Loestrin is a combination hormone medication used to prevent pregnancy. Loestrin has two active ingredients: norethindrone, a progestin, and ethinyl estradiol, an estrogen.
Cloud Pharmacy still has stock of Loestrin 20.
Order by 3:30pm, Monday to Friday to be eligible for next day delivery
No Hidden Costs
What is Loestrin?
Loestrin (Norethisterone and ethinylestradiol) is a combined oral contraceptive used to prevent pregnancy and is up to 99% effective.
Loestrin Oral Pill Buy Loestrin Pill Next Day Delivery Buy Loestrin UK Online
How do I use Loestrin?
Loestrin comes in strips of 21 pills, each marked with a day of the week.
- Swallow each pill whole, with water if necessary. Do not chew the pill.
- Start by taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Take your pill at the same time every day.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take one pill each day, until you have finished all 21 pills.
- Then have seven pill-free days
After you have taken all 21 pills in the strip, you have seven days when you take no pills.
Within a few days of taking the last pill from the strip, you should have a withdrawal bleed like a period. This bleed may not have finished when it is time to start your next strip of pills.
You don’t need to use extra contraception during these seven pill-free days – as long as you have taken your pills correctly and start the next strip of pills on time.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Loestrin and see a doctor straight away if you notice any of the following
serious side effects. You may have a serious blood clot (thrombosis) and may need urgent medical treatment:
- if you develop a yellowing of the skin and the whites of your eyes (jaundice)
- Swelling of the veins (phlebitis) or limbs.
- Feeling dizzy or faint
- Painful breathing, feeling breathless or unexplained cough
- Pain, tingling or feeling numb in any part of the body
- Any bad headaches which are worse than normal or more often than normal
- The very first attack of migraine that you have ever had (usually sight problems followed
- by a throbbing headache and feeling sick)
- Migraines you already have which get worse
- Chest or stomach pain
- Speech problems
- Sudden sight problems
- Your doctor may stop you taking Loestrin:
- if your blood pressure goes up
if you get a condition listed in the section ‘Warnings and precautions’ or you have one of these listed conditions and it gets worse.
The following side effects have also been reported:
- Changes to the shape of your cornea (a part of the eye). This can cause irritation or
- Temporary infertility after stopping the tablet
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting, heavier or lighter bleeding
- Reduced breast milk after birth
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Stomach upset, bloating or cramps, feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting)
- Low mood (depression)
- Infection of the vagina (thrush)
- Allergy-type rash
- Being less able to tolerate sugar and starches (carbohydrates)
- Rise in blood pressure
- Water retention or changes in body weight
- Brown patches on the face or body
- Painful breasts or increase in breast size or leaking from breasts
- Missed periods during and after treatment
- Changes in the cervix (neck of the uterus or womb)
- Loss of interest in sex
- discomfort when wearing contact lenses. If you wear contact lenses and this happens, see an optician.