Oxytetracycline 250mg Tablets
- Stops the growth of bacteria
- Effective antibiotic
- Reduces symptoms of acne
Oxytetracycline 250mg Tablets
Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic used to treat acne. It works by fighting the bacteria that causes outbreaks and prevent further growth. It is described as a broad-spectrum antibiotic, which means it works within a greater range in an attempt to kill off bacteria.
Order by 3:30pm, Monday to Friday to be eligible for next day delivery
No Hidden Costs
Oxytetracycline is a broad-spectrum tetracycline antibiotic medicine with an antibacterial action, that is used in the treatment of acne.
How does Oxytetracycline work?
Acne is caused by bacteria on the skin, which Oxytetracycline works to treat by interfering with the bacteria’s ability to grow and multiply.
What are the benefits of taking Oxytetracycline?
Acne can have both physical and mental effects, with spots often causing pain and irritation as well as embarrassment and self-consciousness. Treating acne simply and efficiently with Oxytetracycline, allows patients to feel good again.
How do I use Oxytetracycline?
Oxytetracycline is a prescription-only medication. Always follow the advice of your doctor and read the patient information leafletprovided in the medication packet.
Take the tablets by swallowing whole with a drink of water, either 1 hour before food or 2 hours after. Dairy products will directly affect how much this medicine is absorbed though, so try to avoid consumption of it. Also be sure not to take these tablets directly before going to bed.
How do I buy Oxytetracycline online?
You can safely buy Oxytetracycline online at Cloud Pharmacy. You will first need to have an online consultation with our medical prescriber before your order will be supplied. The online consultation will ensure that Oxytetracycline is the right medication for your medical condition.
Does acne return after the Oxytetracycline treatment has finished?
Always complete the course, as not finishing the course could mean that the bacteria may not have been eliminated and could return. Once acne has been cleared, there is still a chance that not having Oxytetracycline in your system may cause bacteria to return.
When do I stop taking Oxytetracycline?
Only stop the treatment on your doctor’s advice, as stopping before this could cause the return of a much more severe infection. Even if your skin looks clear, it is vital that all antibiotic treatments are taken up to the end of their prescribed course.
How long can this medication take to treat acne?
The usual recommended duration of treatment is 8-12 weeks. This time is required to ensure that you have given it a chance to fight the infection.
If your acne persists after your course of antibiotics, you may benefit from an alternative treatment.
Is wearing makeup advisable when using Oxytetracycline?
There is no problem in wearing makeup, but choose products that are not greasy or oil-based, as these can worsen your acne.
Does Oxytetracycline work quickly?
It takes up to six months to clear acne, but severe cases could take up to two years. If you do not notice an improvement within the first three months, you should consider a different treatment option.
Can I drink alcohol whilst on Oxytetracycline?
Yes - alcohol does not affect the efficacy of this medicine.
Before taking Oxytetracycline, you should always first consult your doctor. You should not take Oxytetracycline if any of the following apply to you:
- you are suffering from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an immunological disorder)
- you are suffering from a severe liver or kidney complaint or porphyria
- you are sensitive to the tetracycline group of drugs or are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
- you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, as this medicine contains lactose and sucrose
- you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- you are receiving vitamin A or retinoid therapy
Your prescription of Oxytetracycline may also be affected by a number of other factors, so you should make your doctor aware if any of the following apply:
- you suffer from myaestenia gravis, a condition which causes muscle weakness
- you have reduced liver or kidney function
Like many medications with active ingredients, Oxytetracycline can affect or be affected by other medicines. Particular medications that you may experience this with include the following:
- medicines to treat diabetes
- diuretics (to regulate body water content)
- drugs to thin the blood
- vitamin A
- penicillin antibiotics e.g. amoxicillin
- oral contraceptives
- medicines to treat diarrhoea
- any other medicines including those that you have bought without a prescription
If you are taking any of the above medications, then you should make your doctor aware so that they can advise whether or not Oxytetracycline will be the best course of action for you.
You should also make your doctor aware if you are taking the contraceptive pill, before beginning treatment with Oxytetracycline. This is because it could interrupt the effectiveness of your pill and you may need to use additional contraception during treatment.
The most common side effects of using Oxytetracycline include:
- Changes in liver and kidney function
- Excessive tiredness
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- Stomach upsets, diarrhoea, sickness, loss of appetite or sore mouth
- Changes in the number and type of blood cells
- Skin problems such as rashes, increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight, itching, redness, scaling or blistering
- Increased number of infections
If you do experience one or more of these side effects and they persist or worsen, then inform your doctor right away. You should also contact your doctor if you notice any serious side effects such as severe skin rashes, blurred vision or difficulty breathing.