- 3-Day Antibiotic Course
- Relief From Cystitis And Urinary Tract Infections
- Active Ingredient: Trimethoprim
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Trimethoprim is an antibiotic to treat bacterial infections. It is suitable for the treatment of acute urinary and other bacterial infections. It is not a treatment for viral infections.
No Hidden Costs
What is Trimethoprim?
Trimethoprim is a course of antibiotic tablets designed to alleviate the symptoms of cystitis to eventually clear the infection completely. Many people find symptoms significantly lessening within three days and clearing completely by the end of the course. Trimethoprim can be used for many bacterial infections but it's most popular use is for UTIs, in particular cystitis.
Buy Cystitis Treatment Online Buy Trimethoprim Next Day Delivery Antibiotic for UTI Buy Online
How does Trimethoprim work?
Being an antibiotic, Trimethoprim can treat and cure bacterial infections such as cystitis. It works by hindering the production of folic acid (folate) so the bacteria cannot replicate its DNA and multiply. By stopping this progress, Trimethoprim halts the spread of infection, allowing your immune system to take over, killing the bacteria.
How do I use Trimethoprim?
For uncomplicated lower urinary tract infection (cystitis) you must take ONE tablet twice daily for 3 days.
- All tablets to be taken with water, with or without food
If you forget a pill, take it as soon as you remember unless it is near to your next dose. If this is the case, miss completely and continue to finish the dosage. Never take a double dose to make up for a missed pill.
Precautions to be aware of whilst taking Trimethoprim include:
- Consult your doctor before taking when breastfeeding
- If you have a mineral imbalance
- If you are diabetic
- If you have an impaired or hepatic function
- If you have a folate deficiency
- If you have liver or kidney disease
- If you have a blood disorder
- You should not use Trimethoprim if you are pregnant
- Stop taking the medication if you have symptoms of an allergic reaction
Before taking any prescription medication, you must read the leaflet fully and complete the consultation including your medical history and current medication you are taking.