Night Nurse Capsules
- Helps with sleep
- Effective relief of cold and flu symptoms
- Relieves fevers and tickly coughs
Night Nurse Capsules
Night nurse oral solution contains paracetamol, promethazine and dextromethorphan. It is effective in dealing with all the symptoms linked to cold and flu.
No Hidden Costs
What is Night Nurse?
Night nurse can be used for the ‘night time relief’ of the major symptoms associated with cold and flu like fever, chills and shivering. The medicine contains three main active ingredients:
Paracetamol: paracetamol is used to relieve the pain associated with flu or cold. It is also used to help deal with fevers to bring them down.
Promethazine: promethazine is an antihistamine, which will help dry up a runny nose and aids in restful sleep.
Dextromethorphan: dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant that helps in relieving a dry or tickly cough.
Like all medicines, Night Nurse capsules can have side effects, but not everyone will get them. Children and elderly may be more likely to experience side effects with medicine.
The following side effects might occur:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, unsteadiness, clumsiness, headache, dry mouth.
Stop this medication immediately and inform your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any of these side-effects or have an allergic reaction.
You should not take Night Nurse if:
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, potentially pregnant or are having a pregnancy test carried out on your urine.
- If you have a chest infection, worsening asthma or severe respiratory problems
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to paracetamol, promethazine hydrochloride or dextromethorphan hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients.
- If you are taking or have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) prescribed for depression in the last two weeks.
Do NOT take anything else that contains paracetamol while taking this medicine and do not take with other cough or cold medicines or any other products containing antihistamines, including those on your skin.